When I turned 8 or 9, I remember waking up and opening my eyes to see the sun streaming in the blinds and saw balloons all over my room. My parents were there with a birthday cake and candles (at least how I remember it). It was perfect and so exciting.
Today, I woke up at 6 this morning and the sun was shining through the blinds. No balloons or birthday cake/candles but it still felt perfect. Today I am 25. I grabbed some coffee and sat down to enjoy some Me time.
I don’t have a lot of things on my To-Do list today. It looks a bit like this:
- Curl Hair
- Paint Nails
- Do Makeup
- Make Birthday Necklace/Bracelet
- Drink Coffee
- Eat Cake
- Enjoy Today
I always thought people should have life figured out by 25. As I sit here, I realize how wrong I was! I have nothing figured out in the big scheme of things! I have accomplished many things, but everyday I continue to learn and grow. By no means have I figured out life.
I really like lists. I have a ton of them all over the place. So, in honour of my birthday, I am making a new list. What I Want to Do While I Am 25. I’m going to start the list and add to it as I think of more things.
What I Want to Do While I Am 25
- Enjoy Life – Every Moment
- Write Letters & Mail Them
- Move Out of My Parent’s House
- Make Fresh Bread (not using a machine)
- Make a Turkey Dinner
- Work for Myself
- Plan a Fabulous Party (some may call this a Wedding)
- Marry My Best Friend
- Go on a Trip — Kyle and I have yet to go on any major trip together
- Decorate Our Home (I’m particularly excited for my office/workspace)
- Go For a Run
- Enjoy Said Run
- Continue Running
- Learn to Say No & Stop Overbooking Myself
- Make Sushi
- Learn a New Skill
- Complete 12 (at least) Pinterest DIYs
- Go Fishing
- Take More Photographs
- De-clutter My Life – Learn to Live Simplistically
- Re-paint my Bike
- Go For More Bike Rides
- Read More Books (the Classics)
- Master the Smokey Eyeshadow Look (Kyle calls it the “Dusty-Eye” look”)
- Learn How To Plant a Garden (next year I will plant one…when I actually have a garden)
There we have it, 25 things I’d like to do while I am 25. I will keep you updated on how things go.
What would you add to the list?